How to move your web or email hosting Cpanel from the existing provider to AkolagTech
Note: These steps are related to Cpanel https://cpanel.com hosting platform
Please follow the steps below
Taking a backup of your existing Cpanel hosting account
- Confirm that your hosting provider uses Cpanel platform
- Log into your Cpanel hosting account
- Take a backup of your Cpanel account by following these steps below:
- (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Backup Wizard)
- The Backup Wizard interface allows you to back up all or part of your website, or to restore it from the most recent backup
- To create a full backup file, perform the following steps:
- From the main Backup Wizard interface, click Back Up. The Full or Partial Backup section of the interface will appear.
- Click Full Backup. The Download section of the interface will appear.
- Select one of the following destinations from the Backup Destination menu:
- Home Directory — Select this option to save the backup file on the server.
- Note: File is saved on your Cpanel home directory, once the file has been saved you can download the compressed file once it’s finished
- If you click on the ‘Download’ button, the backup will be downloaded to your local machine.
- You will need this downloaded file to be uploaded to your new web hosting Cpanel (AkolagTech)
- Perform one of the following actions to configure notifications for this backup file:
- To receive information when the backup process finishes, enter your email address in the Email Address text box.
- To disable notifications, select the Do not send an email notification of backup completion checkbox.
How to transfer or upload your existing Cpanel hosting file to our (akolagtech hosting) platform?
- Note: Need to first sign up for our web hosting plan before you can upload files
- Log into your new AkolagTech Cpanel hosting account
- Upload your existing Cpanel backup to your New Cpanel account(AkolagTech) by following these steps below:
- (cPanel >> Home >> Files >>File Manager )
- From the top menu click of your new hosting File Manager click on Upload >> Select file and select the newly downloaded backup file from your existing hosting account.
- You should see the uploaded file in your new account (AkolagTech) home directory.
- Contact AkolagTech Support team or email or open a ticket for our tech personnel to restore the uploaded backup to your new account.
- Once the backup has been restored, we will notify you via email or phone call.